There’s a certain charm to buying pre-owned furniture. Who knows what sort of treasures you might discover when you take the time to look around at these second hand furniture shops in the Klang Valley?
Disclaimer: Pictures shown are for illustration purpose only
There is absolutely no shame in buying secondhand furniture. Sure, the thrill of purchasing brand, shiny, and new furniture from IKEA is a strong one, but it can start to get boring when everyone you know owns the same armchair or bed frame at home. Where’s the fun in that?
On the other hand, there are plenty of merits to purchasing secondhand furniture, especially here in KL. Think of it as going thrift shopping for clothes — you’ll never know what you might find, and you might even strike gold in the form of a really valuable piece of vintage furniture. After all, retro is all the rage at the moment.
More than scoring good finds, purchasing second hand furniture is also another way to keep trash out of the landfill. Most pre-owned furniture are still in usable condition, and some of these places even restore old furniture to its former glory. You won’t even notice the difference. In our age of sustainability and upcycling things, preloved furniture is really something you’d want to get into.
Finally, there’s also the cost-efficient factor. Why pay full price for brand new furniture when you could get something that’s still in excellent condition for less than half the price? You know the old adage: “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
If we’ve gotten you all excited about hunting for used furniture, you might want to read on to find out where you can get started. Below are the best second hand shops in Klang Valley.
1. One Stop Buy & Sell
Previously known as Selangor Junkyard, this two-shop lot second hand shop in Puchong is a haven for pre-loved furniture. Looks can deceive, and despite only occupying two shop lots, it is packed to the brim with a wide range of furniture, office equipment, the odd electrical items, and more. Come with an open mind, clothes you don’t mind getting dust on, and plenty of time to spare for digging around. You can even check out its website to get a feel of what the place has to offer.
- Address: No.15 & 19 Jalan Bandar 16, Pusat Bandar Puchong,47100 Puchong,Selangor
- Phone: 03-8080 1200
- Opening Hour: Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm, Sat 9am – 5pm
- Official One Stop Buy & Sell website: http://buy-sell.com.my/
2. Kedai Kaki Lelong
With several outlets in the Klang Valley at your disposal, Kedai Kaki Lelong is a convenient second hand shop furniture retailer to visit no matter which part of the Klang Valley you’re located in. Its first and original space is in Brickfields, but the store has since expanded to Ara Damansara, Section 19 in Petaling Jaya, Puchong, and even in Seremban. Expect to find not only decent secondhand furniture here but also hotel-grade furniture and stainless steel kitchen equipment for budding restaurateurs.
- Address: No. 67, Lorong Scott, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Phone: 017-235 7287
- Opening Hour: 10am – 7pm
- Official Kedai Kaki Lelong website: https://kakilelong.com/
3. Renew Mart Subang
Previously known as Meng Fong Trading, Renew Mart now has several outlets within the Klang Valley. Alongside its speciality of bamboo and cane furniture, this second hand furniture shop also sells kitchen equipment, office furniture, restaurant electrical items, and more.
- Address: Lot 3739A, Lorong 2D, Kg Baru Subang, Seksyen U6, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor
- Phone: 011-3621 1023 / 014-632 6971
- Official Renew Mart Subang FB page: https://www.facebook.com/renewmart.subang
4. Chai & Chai Trading
Imagine getting hotel-grade furniture for your home — now wouldn’t that just be fancy? Chai & Chai Trading is a second hand shop that specialises in acquiring furniture from hotels and businesses that have closed down. There are also office equipment including photocopy machines if you’re looking to get that for your home office too.
- Address: No.K20-24, Jalan Ipoh, Batu 4 1/2, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Phone: 03-6252 9811 / 03–6252 0811 / 03–6252 6811
- Opening Hours: Mon – Sat: 9:30am – 6pm, CLOSE on Sun & Public Holiday
- Official Chai & Chai Trading website: https://www.chaitradings.com.my/
5. Cash Converters
Cash Converters is a second hand shop that has been around for ages and is the go-to place when it comes to selling off your unwanted furniture. Obviously, it works both ways, and you can also purchase secondhand furniture here. From vintage decorative items to electrical items and furniture, we recommend heading to its largest outlet in Taman SEA to peruse Cash Converters’ wares.
- Address: 23, Jalan PJS8/18, Sunway Mentari, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: 9.30am – 6pm, CLOSE on Sat, Sun & Public Holiday
- Official Cash Coverters website: https://www.cashconvertersasia.com/my/
If you are looking to redecorate your home, you will want to read up on the latest designs and ideas for interior designing. You will also want to check out the best plants, feng shui, furniture and more for your home redecorating!