Kuala Lumpur, 15 December – The crème da la crème of the property industry in Malaysia received the highest recognition at the 2016 iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards.
The glittering night of awards, hosted by iProperty.com, Malaysia’s leading property website, brought together industry leaders for a night of fun and celebrations.
Arthur Charlaftis, REA Group Chief Operating Officer – International, welcomed guests to property industry’s night of nights. The iProperty Group joined REA Group in February, cementing its position as part of the world’s largest group of digital real estate sites and experiences, with presence in Australia, Asia, Europe and North America.
Charlaftis said the awards provided the opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the people and teams who were driving innovation in the area of property development and setting new benchmarks of performance excellence.
“This event celebrates the diverse range of achievements delivered by the highest calibre of property developers in Malaysia. We are most proud of the fact that the iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards represent the opinions of thousands of people – the individuals who buy, invest, rent, live or work in the developments that these prestigious developers have created,” said Charlaftis.
This year there were 13 categories of awards. More than 100 entries were received before being shortlisted down to 40 finalists.
“Once the entries were shortlisted, members of the public were invited to cast their vote for their most preferred developer and development in the 13 categories. This year, close to 10,000 Malaysians participated in the voting process and tonight we honour and celebrate the best,” said Charlaftis.
“I would like to congratulate all the winners and finalists for setting new standards of service and delivery excellence in the property industry. We were incredibly impressed with the high quality of entries submitted for the awards” said Mr Charlaftis.
The winners in the 13 categories were:
- Developer of the Year – Mah Sing Group Berhad
- Best Emerging Developer – Exsim Development Sdn Bhd
- Best International Developer – Greenland Group
- Best Green Development – Skyluxe on the Park by Skyworld Development Sdn Bhd
- Best Value Development – Skyawani by Skyworld Development Sdn Bhd
- Best Waterfront Development – D’island Residence by LBS Bina Group Berhad
- Best Mixed Development – Tropicana Gardens by Tropicana Corporation Berhad
- Best Township Development – Sunway Iskandar by Sunway Iskandar Sdn Bhd
- Best Southern Development – Elysia Park Residence by BCB Berhad
- Best Northern Development – The Clovers by Asia Green Group
- Best Luxury High Rise Development – Eaton Residences by GSH Corporation Limited
- Best Residential High Rise Development – The Clovers by Asia Green Group
- Best Residential Landed Development –Hometree by BCB Berhad
“We would like to congratulate Mah Sing Group Berhad for once again clinching the coveted Developer of the Year title for the third consecutive year. The Developer of the Year award the pinnacle of achievement, demonstrating Mah Sing Group Berhad’s proven track-record in delivering consistent value for their stakeholders, and its strong competencies in delivering quality real estate assets in Malaysia,” said Charlaftis.
The panel of judges comprised 11 industry experts, representing the specialities of design, sustainable planning, digital property advertising.
The iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards was sponsored by Astro, Dulux, SAM, TEKA and USG Boral. The voting process, including the shortlisting of nominees to counting of votes, was scrutinised by Panell Kerr Foster (PKF) Malaysia.