The government has imposed Phase One of National Recovery Plan (PPN). If you live in a strata development and you are unsure about what you can or cannot do at your strata home, this article is for you!
UPDATE: Check out the latest SOPs for Phase Two of the National Recovery Plan (PPN).
To contain the COVID-19 pandemic, the government has come up with standard operating procedures (SOP) and protocols that everyone must adhere to. This includes people living in strata units, who are not exempt from complying with the do’s and don’t’s of Phase One of the National Recovery Plan (PPN).
For all activities that are allowed in a strata scheme, protocols regarding COVID-19 Preventive Measures must be adhered to.
COVID-19 Preventive Measures
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has recommended several measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 including washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, maintaining a social distance of at least 1 metre from the next person, temperature scanning and registration of self at all shop entrance points for contact tracing in case an individual comes into contact with an infected person. Below is the full list of COVID-19 preventive measures that are applicable in a strata property.
- Prior to entering any strata scheme, be sure to screen your body temperature at the entrance.
- For those with body temperatures of 37.5°C and above or who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms such as sore throat, cough, flu and breathing difficulty, the management of the strata scheme must advise the individual to go to a clinic and record their details to be reported to the Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Ensure that everyone registers by scanning the MySejahtera QR code or writing down their name, phone number, date, and time of arrival at the premises for contact tracing purposes.
- Wearing a mask and maintaining physical distancing of 1 metre from the next person.
- Washing one’s hands with soap and water or alternatively, disinfecting one’s hands with a hand sanitiser.
- Ensuring that all surfaces that can be contaminated are disinfected.
SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
Activities that are allowed during Phase One of the National Recovery Plan (PPN)
1. Management office operation
The government has allowed management offices of strata properties to be opened during Phase One of the National Recovery Plan (PPN) in order for the buildings to run smoothly. The staff members do however have to comply with a list of SOPs to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Management offices can remain open but must restrict operations in a way that prevents direct physical contact. The office will be opened to the public, but an appointment has to be made prior to visitation.
- The number of staff in the management office to be limited to 60% capacity or three personnel depending on ability to maintain physical distancing.
- Essential services like security and cleaning services are allowed to operate, subject to the Sektor Industri Kawalan Keselamatan Swasta SOP issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (KDN) or the terms of the contract that has been signed.
2. Committee meetings
- Only online meetings are allowed.
- Face-to-face meetings are prohibited.
3. Postal services/courier/delivery services
- Deliveries of items to specific addresses are subject to the approval of the Joint Management Body, Management Corporation or Property Manager.
- Only contactless delivery is allowed.
- Delivery personnel must adhere to the stipulated COVID-19 Preventive Measures.
4. Repair and maintenance works
- All repair and maintenance work on common property is allowed.
- Maintenance or repair of critical damages involving essential services in units is allowed, subject to management approval.
- All maintenance work is subject to the SOP set by the Ministry of Works (KKR).
5. Renovation works
- Renovation is allowed.
- Installation of internet and communication facilities in the unit is permitted.
- Maintenance work is subject to the latest SOP set by the Ministry of Works (KKR).
6. Service providers
- Service provides related to maintenance and repair are allowed to enter the strata building.
- All service providers are required to comply with the COVID-19 Precautionary Measures at the security checkpoints or any other designated spot. They must also provide information to the management for contract tracing purposes.
- The owner or service provider must obtain written permission from the management if the service provided involves the use of the common property.
- All movements of service providers are limited to the unit or area in question and are subject to management approval.
- Movements of contractors, vendors or workers into a strata scheme to carry out maintenance and repair works of essential services are subject to management approval. All movements of contractors, vendors or workers are limited to the unit or area in question.
- Contractors, vendors or workers are required to provide their details to the management for contact tracing purposes prior to entering a strata scheme. Contractors / vendors / employees who are Malaysian citizens must submit identification information, while contractors / vendors / employees who are not citizens must submit a copy of a valid passport and work permit as well as the latest telephone number. Contractors / vendors / employees must comply with the Sektor Pembinaan SOP issued by the KKR.
- All contractors, vendors or workers must comply with all stipulated COVID-19 Preventive Measure protocols at security posts and elsewhere within the strata scheme.
- All contractors, vendors or workers are only allowed to work during the hours set by the management.
8. Residents and common property
- Residents can move around the strata building as long as they’re 1 metre apart from one another.
- All religious, sports and recreational activities and other activities are subject to the General SOP issued by MKN or KKM.
- Social events are prohibited.
- Seminars / workshops / conferences / exhibitions are not allowed.
- All sports and recreational facilities are not allowed to operate and any exemption is subject to the Sektor Sukan dan Rekreasi SOP.
- The operation of Common Property other than sports and recreational facilities is not allowed and any exemption is subject to the General SOP issued by the MKN and KKM.
9. Moving house
Are you allowed to move into a strata scheme during Phase One of PPN? Kementerian Perumahan Dan Kerajaan Tempatan(‘KPKT’) has granted a special approval for moving in/out in Strata Schemes subject to the following conditions:
- House relocation is allowed.
- Those who want to relocate must obtain permission from PDRM. They must also obtain permission for the moving company and their employees.
- Must inform the management about the date and time of the relocation, as well as any relevant information of the relocation.
Prohibited activities during Phase One of National Recovery Plan (PPN)
- No visitors are allowed into a strata scheme during Phase One of PPN except with special permission by the management.
- Visitors who have obtained permission to enter a strata scheme are required to comply with COVID-19 Preventive Measures at the guardhouse and everywhere else within the strata scheme, and to provide their details to the management for contact tracing purposes if required.
- All movements of visitors who have been permitted by management to enter a strata scheme are limited to the unit or area in question-based on the original purpose of their visits.
We hope this information helps you to understand and comply with all SOP and protocols at strata schemes in accordance with what has been announced by the government. Let us comply with these procedures and work together to eradicate the COVID-19 pandemic. #kitajagakita
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on the document Sektor Pengurusan Strata PKP published by the Malaysian government. Any changes or amendments to this information are subject to the latest announcements by the government and do not concern iProperty.com.my
TOP ARTICLES JUST FOR YOU: