The winners were selected and ranked according to the highest number of unit sales recorded within the time period. These transactions are for secondary properties only and do not include newly launched residential products. Sales data is captured from the Valuation and Property Services Department (JPPH) and compiled by iProperty.com’s big data solution, iPropertyiQ.com.
James Tan, Associate Director, Raine and Horne International shares his insights into the 5 projects and reasons for their popularity among homebuyers. Refer to the ‘Selling Factors’ section for each winner.
1. Desa Green – 103 transactions (↑586% Y-O-Y)
» Median PSF: RM695; Median Price: RM525,000 (↑1.0% Y-O-Y)
- Type: Serviced Residence (Freehold)
- Address: Jalan Desa Bakti, Off Taman Desa, Taman Desa, 5800 Kuala Lumpur
- Completed In: 2016 (UOA Group)
- Units: 1,388 units over three 35-storey towers; 578 sq ft – 945 sq ft.
- Facilities: Children’s playground, wading pool, gymnasium, leisure pool, main lap pool, multi-purpose hall, open terrace, changing room & Sauna.
1) This project is in a fairly good location, as it is nestled in between Petaling Jaya, KL Sentral and Cheras. Mid Valley and KL Sentral are just 3km and 4km away, respectively. Taman Desa is serviced easily by multiple expressways and trunk roads namely the New Pantai Expressway (E10), East-West Link Expressway (E37), Kuala Lumpur-Seremban Highway (E37) and Old Klang Road. There is also the proposed stop in Taman Desa under the MRT 3 (Circle Line).
2) UOA Group is a well-known developer, providing great assurance to purchasers. The facilities provided are very attractive too and a conscious effort was taken in adding green elements to the development.
3) Taman Desa has abundant amenities, from local eateries to grocery shops and pharmacies. Faber Towers, the neighbourhood mall was recently refurbished in 2017 and now offers a wide range of shopping and dining options. Moreover, the upcoming Desa Commercial Center will complement the existing Danau Business Centre and Faber Complex.
4) The size of Desa Green units which are mainly in the 600-700 sq ft range, provides for a lower entry point, making it affordable for smaller families who want to live in the city centre. The 604 sq ft (1+1 bedroom, 1-bathroom) units are currently available from RM454,000 while the larger 715 sq ft (2-bedroom, 2-bathroom) homes are priced at roughly RM500,000.
2. OUG Parklane – 78 transactions (↓22.0% Y-O-Y)
» Median PSF: RM418; Median Price: RM398,000 (↓5.4% Y-O-Y)
- Type: Serviced Residence (Freehold)
- Address: Taman OUG Parklane, Jalan Puchong, 58200 Kuala Lumpur
- Completed In: 2015 (Akisama Group)
- Units: 4,225 units over 11 blocks (shop-offices below); 950 sq ft (3-bedroom, 2-bathroom unit)
- Facilities: Swimming pool, wading pool, children playground, landscape garden
1) With more than 4,000 units spread across 30 acres, this project is high-dense indeed. But for the same reason, the sheer number of units helps brings down the property prices, where the relatively large homes at 950 sq ft are going from only RM350,000.
2) This project is located in the Old Klang Road locality, offering a central location. Traffic is an issue, even more so during peak hours. However, OUG Parklane is well-connected – the Muhibbah LRT station is 1.2km away; Jalan Puchong directly links to the Shah Alam Expressway (E5), connecting to the New Pantai Expressway (E10) and Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2). The nearest mall is IOI Mall (5.3km) and the Bukit Jalil Recreational Park is roughly 3km away.
3) The project itself is well-equipped with amenities, the shop-offices across the 11 blocks are taken up by various restaurants, grocery stores, laundromats, snooker centres and 24-hours clinics.
3. Bandar Baru Seri Petaling – 56 transactions (↓11.1% Y-O-Y)
» Median PSF: RM559; Median Price: RM750,000 (↑4.9% Y-O-Y)
- Type: Terrace Houses (Freehold) – Comprise of 1-storey, 1.5-storey, 2-storey & 2.5-storey units
- Address: Sri Petaling, 57000 Kuala Lumpur
- Developer: I&P Group
- Status: The township has over 5,900 homes and an expected population of 29,500 people.
1) Bandar Baru Seri Petaling or better known as Sri Petaling enjoys a great location and is fairly close to the city centre. Situated just 10km and 13km south of KL Sentral and KLCC, respectively this township is flanked by other residential hotspots including Taman OUG, Happy Garden and Bukit Jalil. Various highways provide easy access to popular localities throughout Klang Valley – Shah Alam Expressway (E5), New Pantai Expressway (E10), Maju Expressway (E20) and Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2). Meanwhile, the Sri Petaling LRT station is located nearby the township.
2) Being a mature township, Bandar Baru Seri Petaling has it all – restaurants, clinics, various primary and secondary schools, a wet market, a hotel and even a shopping mall, the AEON Endah parade. The International Medical University and IMU Healthcare are also less than 2km away.
3) There is a wide choice of terrace homes available, catering to different market segments. Prices vary according to unit size (from 770 sq ft to >2,000 sq ft), location (Zone D, F, H, K, L, M, N & P), as well as land area and extent of renovation work. Those situated in Zone M, for instance, are cheaper compared to homes built in Zone H. According to iProperty.com listings, 2-storey units in Zone M are as low as RM450,000 whereas 1-storey terrace homes in Zon H are in the range of RM600,000. Meanwhile, 2-storey terrace homes in Zone D are closer to the RM1 million mark.
4. Taman Tun Dr Ismail – 52 transactions (↑13.0% Y-O-Y)
» Median PSF: RM893; Median Price: RM1.4 million (↑7.9% Y-O-Y)
- Type: Terrace Houses (Freehold) – Comprise of 1-storey, 1.5-storey & 2-storey units
- Address: TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur
- Developer: UDA-Seapark Sdn Bhd
- Units: Approximately 6,500 housing units
1) Nestled in between Mutiara Damansara, Bandar Utama and Bukit Kiara, TTDI is a name associated with affluence. Homes in this hilly neighbourhood are known to hover near the RM 1 million mark. Besides its prime location, TTDI houses two huge recreational parks, i.e TTDI public park and Taman Rimba Kiara. Also, this residential scheme has very wide roads, which are rarely seen in townships throughout the Klang Valley.
2) TTDI offers complete amenities and facilities. In fact, locals from all over the Klang Valley frequent TTDI’s Lorong Rahim Kajai for its rows of local restaurants, pubs, fine dining, cafes, beauty salons and even gyms. Moreover, residents can shop for fresh produce at the TTDI Wet Market. In terms of healthcare, KPJ Damansara Specialist Centre is located right next to TTDI in Damansara Utama.
3) The new TTDI MRT station further adds appeal to the township. There were no public transportation links in TTDi before this. Now, residents have the option to commute via train to work, as the Muzium Negara MRT stop is only 4 stations away. From here, commuters can walk over to KL Sentral, the transit hub which provides linkages to the LRT, KTM and monorail lines. Also, one can easily drop by one of the biggest malls in KV, the neighbouring One Utama Shopping Centre is just one stop away from TTDI (Bandar Utama Station).
5. Seringin Residence – 47 transactions (↓28.8% Y-O-Y)
» Median PSF: RM566; Median Price: RM1.1 million (↑8.1% Y-O-Y)
- Type: Condominium (Freehold)
- Address: Jalan Senang Ria, Taman Serangkai, 58200 Kuala Lumpur
- Developer: See Hoy Chan Group Sdn Bhd
- Units: 542 units within two, 24-storey residential towers; 1,707 sq ft – 6,760 sq ft
- Facilities: 50-metre swimming pool, lifestyle pavilions, floating gym, table tennis, convenience shop, sauna, jacuzzi, children’s playground, surau, etc
1) These luxurious units with huge built-ups offer a unique proposition to wealthier urbanites. The developer has also provided an extensive array of facilities, some very unique ones which are not available at other higher-end condominiums. These include a 1km bicycle track, a tennis court and the adjoining Sustainable Application of Green Energy (SAGE) building, a green recreational centre housing a function room, a herb garden and an eco-discovery centre with comfortable lounge areas and a library with a study and tuition room.
2) There are abundant facilities in the established neighbourhood of Kuchai Lama – residents can easily drive over to the Kuchai Business Park or Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park, located 1.3km and 2km away, respectively. Here, they can find a wide selection of restaurants and local eateries, saloons, mini markets, cafe, boutiques, clinics, pet shops and more. Accessibility wise, Seringin Residences is just minutes away from the New Pantai Expressway (NPE) and Old Klang Road (OKR).
DISCLAIMER: The source of Sale data is from the Valuation and Property Services Department (JPPH) which officially records a property transaction once the stamp duty for the Sales and Purchase Agreement is paid while the source of rent data is from agents’ listings on iProperty.com.my. Analytics are based on the data available at the date of publication and may be subject to revision as and when more data becomes available.
NOTE: This article has been updated on 12 April 2018. There was previously a typo for Desa Green where the year-on-year increase in transactions was 572%. The actual figure is 586%.