First Time Home Buyers
- The Purchase Process For First-Time Home Buyers
- Government's Assistance For First-Time Home Buyers
- How to Buy a House in Malaysia?
- The Must-Know Basics of Home Loans
- A-Z of Property-Related Terms
- Malaysia Property Types
Property Buying & Selling Articles
- Are you a Property Flipper or Keeper?
- Reasons To Get Into Investment Property
- Why Invest In Property In Malaysia?
- Selling Your Property
- Should You Buy Property Near An MRT Station?
- Top 10 Tips on Investing in Iskandar Malaysia
Property Renting Articles
Expat Articles/ MM2H
Buying and Selling Guides
The Purchase Process for First-Time Home Buyers
Sign the Sale and Purchase (SPA) agreement within 14 days or 21 days, depending on the number of days agreed by your lawyer and the owner's/seller's lawyer. Within this time frame, you have to get a bank loan approved (unless you are purchasing with cash). You could obtain a bank's approval prior to booking if you are unsure of your loan eligibility. However, without a booking, the owner can sell the property to the next buyer who places a booking.
Next RM2 million
Next RM2 million
Next RM2.5 million
Over RM7.5 million
Negotiable, but not exceeding 0.4%
On top of that, there is a 5% government tax and approximately RM500 to RM1,000 disbursement cost.
The disbursement cost covers the following:
• Stamping of Sales's Purchase Agreement (RM10 per copy x 4)
• Bankruptcy / Winding up search
• Company search (if applicable)
• Land search (before preparation of the SPA & prior to the filing of the Form 14A at the Land Office)
• Registration of Transfer at Land Office
• Affirmation on the Statutory Declaration to request for the 50% waiver on the stamp duty on the transfer/ on
• the assignment.
• Stamping on the Statutory Declaration to request for the 50% waiver on the stamp duty on the transfer/ on the assignment
• Printing / facsimile / telephone / photocopy charges
• Miscellaneous charges
RM500,000 and below
• National House Buyers Organisation
• Your guide to buying your first home - CIMB Bank
Consumer experiences may differ depending on location or other factors.