First Time Home Buyers
- The Purchase Process For First-Time Home Buyers
- Government's Assistance For First-Time Home Buyers
- How to Buy a House in Malaysia?
- The Must-Know Basics of Home Loans
- A-Z of Property-Related Terms
- Malaysia Property Types
Property Buying & Selling Articles
- Are you a Property Flipper or Keeper?
- Reasons To Get Into Investment Property
- Why Invest In Property In Malaysia?
- Selling Your Property
- Should You Buy Property Near An MRT Station?
- Top 10 Tips on Investing in Iskandar Malaysia
Property Renting Articles
Expat Articles/ MM2H
Property Buying and Selling Guides
Property Purchase Guide for Expatriates / Foreigners
That means 'Welcome' in the Malay (and official) language of Malaysia, and purchasing property here could be as easy as that greeting rolling off your tongue. Malaysia remains as one of the friendliest and hassle-free nations in the Asian region for foreigners who intend to acquire properties. It is also perhaps one of the most flexible countries when it comes to legal issues relating to the buying of properties.
Currently there is no limit on the number of residential properties that a foreigner can purchase. The entire buying process is the same as a local buyer, aside from several rules and restrictions. Here is a general guideline of the terms and conditions, but do seek a lawyer's advice about specific issues relating to the purchase of any property in Malaysia.
- Direct ownership
- Allowed to own freehold property
- Established commonwealth legal system
- Constitutional property ownership right
- Established banking system to fund foreign acquisition
- Workable purchase procedures
- Statutory protection for homebuyer
Consumer experiences may differ depending on location or other factors.