28 DECEMBER, PETALING JAYA – Tropicana Foundation, a charity arm of property developer Tropicana Corporation Berhad (“Tropicana” or “Group”) offers flood relief assistance to the recent flood victims in Bentong, Selangor, and Kuala Lumpur. Through its Buggy of Joy donation drive, Tropicana Foundation donated to eight various associations – four children’s homes and four NGOs that supports flood victims.
“We just want to do our part in bringing some good cheers to the children and the flood victims. Our Tropicana Foundation aims to contribute to alleviating the burden of those affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, and provide relief to the flood victims,” said Jared Ethan Ang, Group Executive Director of Tropicana.
The four children’s homes that received assorted dry food packs, toys, and books are:
1. Lighthouse Children Welfare Home Association
2. Pusat Jagaan Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Trinity
3. Rumah Charis
4. Yayasan Sunbeams Home
The four NGOs that received assortments of aid such as blankets, pillows, towels, dry food packs, and bottled mineral water are:
1. Yayasan Setia Negara
2. Pusat Khidmat Rakyat Penyelaras Ampang
3. Bentong Relief Squad
4. #MariBantu flood volunteers
The general public can still contribute to the Buggy of Joy by dropping off dry goods at the Centre Court, CC Floor of Tropicana Gardens Mall up to 3 January 2022. Examples of dry goods include:
• Bulk dry goods – Rice, oatmeal, noodles, biscuits, pasta
• Beverages – Coffee, milk powder, tea, baby milk
• Halal canned food – Sardine, baked beans, canned mushroom
• Cooking essentials – Salt, sugar, cooking oil, flour
• Healthcare products – Masks, sanitisers, cleaning solutions, toothpaste
• Others – Towels, new t-shirts, trash bags
The Tropicana Foundation also accepts cash donations via its CIMB Bank Berhad account number 8003575210. Visit bit.ly/BuggyOfJoy if you require a receipt for your cash donation. Let us do our part in helping the needy and thank you in advance for your valuable contributions.