1 March, MEDINI CITY – Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd (MIM) is pleased to announce the first ever “IP (Iskandar Puteri) Green: Edible Festival” to be held in Iskandar Puteri on 3 March 2018, from 12noon to 10pm. The festival, touted to be the biggest green living event to hit Iskandar Puteri, aims to inspire individuals to make sustainable choices that will give positive outcomes on health and the environment.
The festival is organised in collaboration with Johor Green, a green platform run by social enterprise that aims to inform, inspire, influence, encourage and connect with the community towards a greener Johor. The collaboration with Johor Green began with the development of Medini Green Parks comprising the ‘edible’ and ‘heritage’ components. The five-acre Edible Park is not just a park, it is an edible landscape designed to build community around the important subject of food and how to incorporate it in sustainable living. It is equipped with a workshop studio, plant based café, designed gardens and orchards. Whereas, the seven-acre Heritage Forest gathers local, native and regional flora in a setting that celebrates wilderness and biodiversity. According to founder of Johor Green, Chris Parry, “This platform gives us extraordinary tools to encourage green living as part of a modern urban lifestyle in this new city of Iskandar Puteri.”
Dr James Tee, the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd said, “We are very happy to collaborate with Johor Green on the Edible Festival and the development of the Medini Green Parks. This partnership represents a community that is passionate about building a green ecosystem, which is vital to Medini’s identity as a smart, sustainable and health-conscious city. Our developments are meticulously planned to allow residents, workers and visitors alike to experience Medini as a city built within a park.”
Medini City, the Central Business District of Iskandar Puteri is an integrated urban development that covers an area of 2,230 acres. Complementing the modern cityscape of Medini, are 46 parks that total up to a land area of about 300 acres. Each park is carefully designed and themed, adding vibrancy to the entire development.
The Edible Festival is a one-of-a-kind festival in Iskandar Puteri that is specially curated to promote awareness of how to improve the way we live and consume in our daily lives. Visitors to the festival would be able to enjoy and experience the biggest green market to hit Iskandar Puteri, sustainability workshops, cooking showcases, creative performances, and thought-provoking talks in celebration of Iskandar Puteri’s green ecosystem.
Some of the activities that will be held at the festival include:
• The Elemental Edibles Pavilion (Green Market) has over 40 different vendors selling local sustainably-grown produce, artisanal food, handmade crafts plus food trucks
• Learn from the best in local cuisine as Chef Darren Teoh of renowned restaurant Dewakan showcases modern Malaysian cooking and delves into the relationship between our food and our identity
• Explore how people use food to communicate with actor, television host and foodie Razif Hashim
• Watch and participate in a facilitated Lindy Hop dance session, then groove on the dancefloor as local DJs spin through 80 years of musical evolution
• Plenty of fun activities for all ages including a paper engineering workshop by Cikgu Rizal of SK Medini, painting class, kokedama workshop, food tastings, interactive art, bubble-blowing, and much more!
The Edible Festival is opened to public for FREE. Come meet inspiring members of the local community and get into sustainable living together.
To get there:
• Waze your way to the Edible Festival – search for ‘Edible Park, Gelang Patah’
• GRAB your way to the Edible Park in Medini City using promo code GRABEF18