KUALA NERUS, September 30 — The Terengganu state government will build 10,000 units of affordable homes soon which are expected to be completed before 2018.
Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Razif Abdul Rahman said the move was necessary because there were 56,691 new applicants for houses statewide as of July last year.
“The state government will build 10,000 more units as soon as 7,986 units which were built in stages since 2009 are distributed,” he said after handing over the keys to an affordable home from the Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government Ministry under the National Blue Ocean Strategy to a couple, Mohd Nor Said, 53, and Khotijah Harun, 53, in Kampung Tok Jembal here, today.
He said the state government was studying critical areas for houses in the state and would build according to needs.
A total of 777 units had been approved for construction in Tok Jembal (305), Kuala Ping, Hulu Terengganu (230) and Santong, Paka (242), he said, adding that the units in Tok Jembal are for civil servants.