Search Articles

Find tips, tools and how-to guides on every aspect of property

Sunsuria Partners China''s CITIC For Construction Jobs In Malaysia


Sunsuria Partners China''s CITIC For Construction Jobs In Malaysia

PETALING JAYA, 30 June: Sunsuria Bhd is partnering China’s Citicc International Investment Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of CITIC Construction Co Ltd to expand its construction business in Malaysia.

CITIC Construction is wholly owned subsidiary of Hong Kong-listed CITIC Ltd, a Fortune Global 500 company, with assets of over HK$7.24 trillion (RM3.99 trillion).

Sunsuria told Bursa Malaysia that the partnership will enable it to leverage on the Chinese state-owned conglomerate’s strong financial strength and proven track record in construction to take on larger-scale projects.

They will form a joint-venture company (JVCo) in an exclusive partnership arrangement, whereby Sunsuria will be CITIC Construction’s sole partner for all construction works in Malaysia.

Sunsuria will reciprocate by granting the JVCo a right of first refusal to construction works projects not arising from the property development business carried out or undertaken by Sunsuria.

A shareholder agreement was signed between Sunsuria’s wholly owned subsidiary Sunsuria Builders Sdn Bhd and Citicc International. CITIC will hold a 51% stake in the JVCo, with Sunsuria Builders holding the remaining 49%.

CITIC Construction is one of the 100 largest construction companies in the world and has been ranked among the Fortune Global 500 companies since 2009. Its revenue stood at HK$380.8 billion (RM209.4 billion) as of Dec 31, 2016.

It offers a full suite of services, including financial service agencies, consulting agencies on planning and design, construction companies, logistic providers, equipment and material providers and operation and maintenance service providers.

CITIC Construction’s major projects include China’s iconic National Olympic Stadium (The Bird’s Nest), the Royal Albert Dock project in the UK, Algeria’s East-to-West Expressway, Brazil’s Caniota thermal power plant, Myanmar’s multifunctional diesel engine plant, Belarus’ cement production lines, Uzbekistan’s potash fertiliser plant and large-scale housing projects in Africa and Venezuela.

The proposed joint venture is expected to contribute positively to the future earnings of Sunsuria Group.


Disclaimer: The information is provided for general information only. Malaysia Sdn Bhd makes no representations or warranties in relation to the information, including but not limited to any representation or warranty as to the fitness for any particular purpose of the information to the fullest extent permitted by law. While every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided in this article is accurate, reliable, and complete as of the time of writing, the information provided in this article should not be relied upon to make any financial, investment, real estate or legal decisions. Additionally, the information should not substitute advice from a trained professional who can take into account your personal facts and circumstances, and we accept no liability if you use the information to form decisions.

More Articles