Expected to cost RM27 billion,the PTMP aims to deliver more alternative transportation modes to combat worsening traffic congestion across the Pearl of the Orient. The plan’s detailed proposal was unveiled by the Penang State Government and SRS Consortium Sdn Bhd in seeking public feedback.
A joint venture between Gamuda Bhd, Loh Phoy Yen Holdings Sdn Bhd and Ideal Property Development Sdn Bhd; SRS Consortium is the Project Delivery Partner for the PTMP and the South Reclamation Scheme (SRS).
The PTMP encompasses a holistic and integrated public transport master plan as follows:
PROPOSED TRANSPORT NETWORK
A. Public Transport Network (by SRS Consortium)
- Bayan Lepas LRT
- Ayer Itam Monorail
- Tanjung Tokong Monorail
- Raja Uda – Sungai Nyiur – Bukit Mertajam – Permatang Tinggi Monorail with the extension of Bus Rapid Transit northwards to Kepala Batas.
- Heritage Tram
B. Bus Rapid Transit (by SRS Consortium)
- Permatang Tinggi – Batu Kawan Line
- Extension northwards to Bukit Tengah/Seberang Jaya
- Extension southwards to Nibong Tebal
C. Sky Cab (by MRCB)
- A 4.8km long alignment connecting Sky Cab Station in Butterworth, Seberang Perai with Sky cab Station in Jelutong (Bayan Lepas LRT)
PROPOSED ROAD NETWORK