JOHOR BAHRU, September 21 — Mah Sing Group Berhad (Mah Sing Group) celebrated the launch of the Group’s inaugural hotel, Ramada Encore Meridin over the weekend. Ramada Encore Meridin, Tower C of Mah Sing Group’s The Meridin@Medini Phase 2 saw overwhelming response with 70% take-up during the weekend event. Due to the overwhelming response, Mah Sing Group is planning to launch the Group’s next hotel suites by Q4 2015.
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong Hoy Kum, Managing Director of Mah Sing Group said, “We are very heartened by the strong response we received for Mah Sing Group’s Ramada Encore Meridin. These are the buyers who have registered their interest with us and picked their units during the 2-day weekend event. With the momentum that we are currently receiving, we are confident that we are able to achieve 100% take-up for this project.”
Property investments are still viewed as a good hedge against inflation as well as the weakening Ringgit. With an acquirable price point, strategic location next to Legoland; and emphasis on quality, the Group expects to see continuous interest from genuine buyers.
“The strong response we have been receiving is a clear testament of buyers’ trust in the Mah Sing brand. Rest assured that Mah Sing Group is committed to build quality product in addition to building a premier lifestyle, hence our partnership with Wyndham Hotel Asia Pacific. Coupled with the hotel’s strategic location, we are optimistic that the Ramada brand will provide a touch of esteem to the development,” Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong further added.
Buyers were attracted to the guaranteed rental returns for the first three year offered by the project. Further to this, owners of the suites will also enjoy 70% profit sharing and the other 30% by the operator for approximately 6 years. Owners are also allowed -days free stay per annum and will also be part of the internationally-recognised Wyndham Rewards® Loyalty Program. Packages offered with the unit include free legal fees on Sales and Purchase Agreement and Loan Agreement; absorption of Foreign Levy for Foreigners; and Exclusive Early Bird Bonuses.
Ramada Encore Meridin, Johor Bahru will consist of a 322-apartment complex, featuring studio rooms, one and two-bedroom apartments. The project offers units with built-ups ranging from 318sf – 885sf with price starting from RM460,000. It is anticipated that the hotel will be fully operational by 2018.
The launch was in conjunction with the signing ceremony of the franchise agreement with Wyndham Hotel Asia Pacific to procure the Ramada Brand System for its Mah Sing Group’s Meridin Hotel Suites in Iskandar Malaysia. The partnership will license Meridin Hospitality Sdn. Bhd to facilitate the branding of Meridin Hotel Suites, located in the new urban township of Medini, Iskandar as Ramada Encore®.
The event which was held at The Meridin@Medini sales gallery last Saturday saw a large turnout vying for 322 units offered by Ramada Encore Meridin. Many who have registered their interest prior to the launch were given the privilege to select their preferred unit.
Within the next six months Mah Sing Group is looking to preview:
- Savanna 2 in Southville City@KL South, Bangi which are Cerrado serviced apartments indicatively priced from RM388,000 per unit with built-ups ranging from 650sf – 800sf;
- The final two blocks of Lakeville Residence, Taman Wahyu indicatively priced from RM653, 000 with built-up ranging from 980sf -1,374sf;
- Ferringhi 2C in Penang indicatively priced from RM846,000 with built-up ranging from 1,208sf – 1,565sf
Mah Sing’s Inaugural Hotel – Ramada Encore Meridin
The hotel will feature a restaurant, state-of-the art gymnasium, fitness course and yoga deck, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, business centre with Wi-Fi and 24-hour security. Ramada Encore Meridin is located in Medini, a township development that is to be the central business district in the newly of Iskandar in Johor Bahru.
It is a five minutes’ drive and within walking distance of Legoland Malaysia, a popular international family theme park that features more than 70 attractions. Meanwhile, access to the Tuas-Singapore Second Link is a mere 10 minutes away and the Senai International Airport, 25 minutes away, while the toll-free Coastal Highway shortens the distance to Johor Bahru City Centre to 10 minutes. The development is also within close proximity to various international schools and universities in EduCity@Iskandar, like the Marlborough College, Newcastle Medical School, Trust School and the University of Southampton.
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong, further commented, “We are very pleased with the opportunity to work together with an internationally established hotel company such as Wyndham Hotel Group. We believe that this partnership is a step in the right direction for Meridin Hotel Suites, which will showcase the Ramada brand. The partnership would contribute significantly towards elevating the level of quality for Meridin Hotel Suites.