Petaling Jaya, 2017 – Mah Sing Group Berhad (Mah Sing) recently obtained MSC Malaysia Cybercentre status for the Icon City, Petaling Jaya. Cybercentres functions to create an ecosystem that fosters a competitive environment to attract, nurture, and retain IT and IT-enabled industries.
With the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre status, companies within Icon City are entitled to a set of incentives, rights and privileges from the Government of Malaysia, namely the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantees.
Group Managing Director of Mah Sing, Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong Hoy Kum said, “As a property developer, we do not only deliver quality products but also strive to develop better living and working community for our customers. Therefore, our dedicated team worked towards fulfilling the criteria to obtain the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre status for our Icon City development. I am pleased that we have successfully obtained the status.”
Incentives for Companies Operating in MSC Malaysia Cybercentre
There are various incentives for companies that are located in the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre@Icon City. In Icon City, the designated premise is The Volt, the 9-storey office building.
Companies will be able to enjoy various incentives:
- To provide a world-class physical and information infrastructure world-class physical and information infrastructure (The Volt)
- To allow employment of local and foreign knowledge workers
- To ensure freedom of ownership by exempting companies with MSC Malaysia Status from local ownership requirements
- To give the freedom to source capital globally for MSC Malaysia infrastructure, and the right to borrow funds globally
- To provide competitive financial incentives namely Pioneer Status (100 percent tax exemption) for up to ten years or an Investment Tax Allowance for up to five years and no duties on the importation of multimedia equipment
- To become a regional leader in Intellectual Property Protection and Cyberlaws
- To ensure no censorship of the Internet
- To provide globally competitive telecommunications tariffs
- To tender key MSC Malaysia infrastructure contracts to leading companies willing to use MSC Malaysia as their regional hub
- To provide a high-powered implementation agency to act as an effective one-stop super shop
Easy Connectivity, Direct Access to Icon City, Petaling Jaya
Adding on to the connectivity of the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre@Icon City, an elevated ramp with direct access from Federal Highway to the development was completed in 2016 and is currently in use.
Icon City is a mixed integrated development located between the established neighbourhood of Damansara, Bandar Sunway, Kelana Jaya, Subang Jaya and Petaling Jaya. It is easily accessible via an extensive network of highways as well as public transportation. It is strategically sited at the intersection of the Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP) and Federal Highway.
It is only a few minutes away from New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE), Shah Alam Highway (KESAS), ELITE and New Pantai Expressway (NPE). The development is also within walking distance to Seri Setia and Setia Jaya KTM Komuter stations, as well as a 5 minute’s drive to the Kelana Jaya RapidKL LRT station.
A Vibrant Retail Space
Icon City also has various retail and entertainment space. Part of the retail component, Neon Food Hub features a total of 56 units of 4-storey retail shops.
Another unique feature of Icon City is its Ark Event Space which consists of 2 levels (5,000sq ft each) of event space overlooking the majestic Petaling Jaya skyline view. A vibrant and modern indoor space, it is suitable for closed door event, meetings, performances, exhibitions and more.
Delivering Completion of Phase 1 by Q1 2017
All components of Phase 1 of Icon City has completed construction work except for iResidenz Tower 2 which is at 90% completion. The entire Phase 1 is expected to deliver completion by Q1 2017.
An Integrated Development in the heart of Petaling Jaya
Located at the intersection of Federal Highway and LDP, the 20-acre Icon City has an estimated Gross Development Value (GDV) of RM3.2billion.
Icon City features 30 Jewels (7-storey and 8-storey shop offices), Neon Food Hub (4-storey retail shops), 2 towers of Icon Residenz serviced suites, 2 towers of i-Sovo, and 1 tower of The Volt (MSC Building). The entire development is 97% taken up. Phase Two of Icon City is currently in planning stage with upcoming launch in the near future.
Icon City has won numerous awards which include iProperty.com People’s Choice Award 2014 for Best Commercial Development, Property Press Awards 2013 for Best Infrastructure Redevelopment, Asia Pacific Property Awards 2012 for Best Office Development Malaysia (Highly Commended) and Best Commercial Redevelopment Malaysia (5-Star). Icon City is also certified with 3 green standards which are USA’s Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED), Malaysia’s Green Building Index (GBI), and Singapore’s Green Mark for its various components.
Icon City Sales Gallery at Petaling Jaya is open daily from 10am to 6pm. For more information on the development, please visit www.icon-city.com.my