Kuala Lumpur, 23 August – Mah Sing Foundation recently contributed RM30,000 to INSAF Malaysia in aiding their cause of providing sanitary toilets for the orang asli. A total of 18 volunteers, came together to build the sanitation units for four families in two villages.
For a Quality Lifestyle
WASH Cluster – Sanitation Programme by INSAF Malaysia saw the completion of four sanitary toilets, inclusive of wash cabinets, water pipes, septic tanks, toilets and wash rooms for the houses that they have previously built under their shelter programme called “Tampal Rumah”.
The project, which spanned across two weeks, saw the volunteers carrying out construction at Kampung Air Kuning before moving on to the second village at Kampung Sungai Buah, Dengkil.
Volunteers took eight days to finish building the sanitary toilets for three families in Kampung Air Kuning, then proceeded to complete the final sanitary package within four days in Kampung Sungai Buah.
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong Hoy Kum, Group Managing Director of Mah Sing Group noted, “We are pleased to be a part of this noble cause. As a premier lifestyle property developer, we are always working to improve the lives of the Rakyat. Therefore, working with Insaf Malaysia to create essential facilities for the underprivileged has been a very meaningful experience to us. We hope the new facilities will positively cater to the needs of the villagers and improve their quality of life.”
Dato’ Syed Norulzaman bin Syed Kamarulzaman, Chairman of Mah Sing Foundation commented, “The betterment in terms of living quality of the underprivileged is one of the main objectives of Mah Sing Foundation, therefore we are honoured to be involved in this project. We would like to applaud Insaf Malaysia for their good work in bringing a smile to the faces of the Orang Asli”.
About INSAF Malaysia
Established in 2011, Insaf Malaysia provides technical relief to the less fortunate. President and Founder, Mr. Ishak Abdul Kadir first had the idea of launching such an organisation after he was a volunteer in various countries. He believed that, although emergency medical relief in crucial, shelter, clean water, sanitation and a sensible food program are just as important.
Their vision is to strive through voluntary action for a just world, where help is delivered with dignity, respect and concern for all without discrimination as to nationality, race, religion, class or political affiliations.
Their mission is to help improve the lives of vulnerable people the world over. People who are at risk because of war, natural disaster, socio-economic crises or health emergencies.
To date, Insaf Malaysia has had 55 projects across Malaysia:
- Tasik Chini, Pekan Pahang – 4 Houses Built
- Bukit Unggul, Dengkil, Selangor – 7 Houses Built
- Bukit Jenuk, Dengkil, Selangor – 10 Houses Built
- Batu 12, Gombak, Selangor – 2 Houses Built
- Bukit Rok, Bera, Pahang – 3 Houses Built
- Bakar Leleh, Pulau Carey, Selangor – 5 Houses Built
- Kuala Koh, Gua Musang, Kelantan – 4 Houses Built
- Air Kuning, Shah Alam, Selangor – 8 Houses Built
- Kelinsing, Sepang, Selangor – 3 Houses Built
- Bakok, Sepang, Selangor – 2 Houses Built
- Sg. Buah, Dengkil, Selangor – 2 Houses Built
- Air Terentang, Dengkil/Cyberjaya – 3 Houses Built
- Bukit Tampoi, Sepang Selangor – 1 House Built
- Batu 28, Jenderam Hilir, Dengkil, Selangot – 1 House Built
About Mah Sing Foundation
Established in 2005, Mah Sing Foundation is Mah Sing Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) platform. The Foundation celebrates the achievement of Mah Sing Group’s long-term and continuous commitment to being a responsible and active participant in building community partnerships, both locally and abroad.
Mah Sing Group believes that a consolidated effort in CSR initiatives will be more effective and impactful in benefiting the needy. Mah Sing Foundation actively seeks to raise funds via annual fund raising activities and events to champion causes with the Foundation’s guidelines.
Mah Sing Foundation does this through a four-pronged approach:
- Medical Assistance for Malaysians who are suffering from disease and disability, or are critically ill. The Foundation will also carry out and support schemes by organizations which look after public health and welfare, including giving financial support.
- Financial Assistance and Relief Schemes for the poor and distressed.
- Education Assistance Comprising Subsidies and Donations to needy and deserving students.
- Encouragement of Social and Sporting Activities which will enrich the community and serve to promote national unity.
For more details on these and other initiatives under the Mah Sing Foundation, please visit http://www.mahsingcommunity.com.my