Iskandar Malaysia drew investments worth RM 27.22 Billion from January to September 2015

Iskandar Malaysia drew investments worth RM 27.22 Billion from January to September 2015

JOHOR BAHARU, October 21 — Iskandar Malaysia attracted committed investments worth RM27.22 billion between January and September this year, said Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) Chief Executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim.

The economic region drew a total of RM185.34 billion in committed investments from 2006 to September 2015, with local investors accounting for 59% or RM109.78 billion and foreign investors the remaining 41% or RM75.56 billion.

“Of the total, realised investments in various sectors comprised 49% or RM90.57 billion,” he said in a statement today.

Ismail said the top five countries investing in Iskandar Malaysia between 2006 and September this year were Singapore, China, the US, Japan and Spain.

The largest investments were in the manufacturing sector at RM52.10 billion, logistics (RM5.45 billion), tourism (RM3.10 billion), healthcare (RM2.65 billion), education (RM2.06 billion), financial services (RM0.74 billion) and creative industies (RM0.56 billion).

Other sectors that supported growth in the region were the property sector, with the residential, retail and industrial segments accounting for RM94.94 billion in committed investments, followed by utilities (RM12.64 billion), and government investments in infrastructure (RM8.99 billion) and new technologies (RM2.12 billion).

— BERNAMA

Share