The 10th Asia Property Market Sentiment Report reveals consumer sentiments on intentions, preferences and motivations for acquiring a property. The survey was conducted from July 5th 2016 – August 8th 2016 across our market-leading network of property portals in Malaysia (iProperty.com.my), Indonesia (Rumah123.com and rumahdanproperti.com), Hong Kong (GoHome.com.hk) and Singapore (iProperty.com.sg) and polled close to 15,000 respondents.
Key Findings in Malaysia:
- The demand for housing is strong among first-time home buyers but affordability and loan issues persist.
- Most respondents desire to own a property within the next year or sooner, but want the government to do more to address affordability issues.
- Respondents would purchase a property for their own stay and for investment, as it was the safest among other options.
- Only Melaka has been classified as having an affordable housing market.
- An overwhelming number of respondents believe that it is also harder to buy a home today compared to previous generations