Please read through the guidelines to learn how to pitch and submit an article on our site.
iProperty.com.my is constantly on a lookout for new writers. If you’ve got an idea that will challenge and educate our readers, we want to hear about it. Before you start pitching, please take a look at the requirements below, which include the types of articles we’re accepting and how to pitch it.
How can I contribute or write for iProperty.com.my?
Just email us at [email protected]. Introduce yourself, share your writing samples and tell us which topic you’d like to write on. If possible, share a rough outline or your main points to supplement your pitch. The content team will evaluate accordingly and reply you as soon as possible.
What kind of articles can I contribute?
iProperty.com.my, Malaysia’s No.1 property site, focuses on articles which connect with Malaysians throughout each stage of their property journey, from researching for the perfect home to living in it. We split our content into three main pillars: News, Lifestyle and Guides. We’re looking for writers who can write for us and publish original articles on:
- Updates on the property market and trends
- Homeowner’s guide to buying a property
- Everything that tenants and landlords should know about renting
- Cheat sheets to selling a property
- Guide on getting the best return on property investment
- Tips on financing a property
- Home solution tips to solve common household problems
- Interior design ideas to create the perfect space
*We also accept submissions in Bahasa Malaysia.
To avoid redundancy or repetition of topics, we will recommend that you browse through our 3 channels first – Guides, Lifestyle & News. However, follow up articles on a covered topic are always welcomed.
You may also refer to these sites to get inspiration for content ideas:
- Google trends – Take a look at the trending topics (that are related to the type of articles we published) and see if anything pique your interest.
- Lowyat forum – There are a number of threads on the topic of real estate and property. Find out what people are asking or sharing in the forum.
- Facebook – Browse through our Facebook page to get a gauge of our audience and their interest.
Will I get paid?
Yes, you will! For contributors writing for us for the first time, we’ll offer a starter fee. Aside from that, you will also get your own author profile and byline.
*Do note that the contributor fee only applies for original content and does not include repurposed content or contribution of content which have been published on another site/blog.
What are the guidelines to follow for article submission?
You may submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarizing your ideas and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. We prefer submissions as Google documents or Microsoft Word so that we can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft.
Here are some guidelines to follow:
- ORIGINAL CONTENT: We only accept original content—we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog or website).
- OUTLINE: Provide an outline of the content and write a brief description of it.
- PICK A TOPIC: Kindly go through our articles and come up with two original content ideas before you pitch your submission.
- WORD LIMIT: We publish articles of anywhere between 800–2,000 words, depending on the complexity of the subject.
If everything goes well, we’ll schedule your article for publication as soon as revisions are complete. Once the article is published, we’ll send the article link to you.
We look forward to hearing from you!