Bandar Malaysia: The heart of Asean Economic community and the Southern region


Bandar Malaysia: The heart of Asean Economic community and the Southern region

Bandar Malaysia – a new world-class mixed-use transit orientated urban development for Kuala Lumpur. The project will set standards for future developments in Malaysia and Southeast Asia and will become an exemplar community for sustainable design and planning. The primary goal is to achieve an integrated and sustainable new urban community that adds in robustness to the future development and growth of Kuala Lumpur, making Bandar Malaysia the catalyst for the transformation of Greater KL.

As a transit-oriented development, Bandar Malaysia will be one of ASEAN’s best connected address, home to the proposed KL-Singapore High Speed Rail (HSR) terminus, the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Line 2 and Line 3, KLIA Express (ERL), the inner-city KTM rail line, the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system, and links to all major highway networks.

With this unparalleled connectivity, world-class builtenvironment and office space, Bandar Malaysia also will play its key role as a global business hub, and this will be a perfect location for multinational companies (MNCs) to base their headquarters here as it will be the heart of the ASEAN community region. This will be supported by other world-class features which is the largest Underground City Development in the region, at the same time making Bandar Malaysia a major tourism attraction.


The Bandar Malaysia project will involve the redevelopment of the Sungai Besi Airport in Kuala Lumpur. The intention is to undertake the world’s largest integrated underground city, a mixed development project on the site which covers approximately 486 acres. Bandar Malaysia is expected to serve as a catalyst for the transformation of Greater Kuala Lumpur and estimated to involve a cumulative gross development value of RM160 billion and will be completed in phases over the next 20 years. The Bandar Malaysia development is being developed under the public-private partnership (PPP) model with the Ministry of Finance holding 40% of the development company and the IWH-CREC consortium holding 60%.

IWH is also a public-private partnership (PPP) company together with the Johor state government, through Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor, owning 40% of the company and the remaining 60% by Credence Resource Sdn Bhd, a company controlled by Tan Sri Dato’ Lim Kang Hoo.




Bandar Malaysia is strategically planned to become Malaysia’s first integrated transit-oriented mixed development that will attract a vibrant mix of local and international business travellers, tourists and residents.

A development will be home to the KL-Singapore HSR terminus. A collaborative effort between the Singapore and Malaysia governments, this first-of-its kind connection will allow people to travel between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore in 90 minutes.

Bandar Malaysia, when completed, will serve as Malaysia’s gateway to the world through the rail to Singapore and the proposed Pan-Asean Rail to Bangkok and beyond.


IWH-CREC is looking for a reputable world-class developer(s) and Investor(s) to jointly develop this City of GEM!



This article was first published in the Malaysia May 2016 Magazine. Get your copy from selected news stands or view the magazine online for free at  Better yet, order a discounted subscription by putting in your details in the form below!


Sign up and stay updated
Get the latest property news, home solution tips, interior design ideas and property guides.
By subscribing, you consent to receive direct marketing from Malaysia Sdn Bhd (iProperty), its group of companies and partners. You also accept iProperty’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy including its collection, use, disclosure, processing, storage and handling of your personal information.