Bursa-listed Ayer Holdings Berhad, formerly known as TAHPS Group Berhad, recently launched its new real estate brand, AYER. The group, who owns the largest freehold land bank in Puchong encompassing 1,290 acres is well-known for its Bukit Puchong township development.
1. Why the rebranding?
According to the Group CEO, Eugene Khoo Kong Hooi, “When we reached 110 years as a corporation last year, we decided to re-brand ourselves into a brand which all stakeholders can immediately identify with and for us to differentiate ourselves further. Our original name (prior to TAHPS) was quite a mouthful and we realised that we needed greater clarity as many continued to call us Ayer Hitam or Bukit Hitam (Development Sdn Bhd) which is our subsidiary and developer of Bukit Puchong. ”
Eugene further explained, “We want people to know that AYER is a real estate group with a track record of delivering houses on time and within budget, with a history of solid, steady growth. This new brand sends a signal to the public, that yes, we are a reputable, trusted developer – one which has been around since 1907!”
A new brand will also help lower the developer’s barriers of entry to move into and develop in new geographical areas outside of Puchong. AYER have the resources and infrastructure to venture into new areas and even new fields, said Eugene.
2. What is the significance of AYER?
The word AYER was selected as it represented the following:
- AYER is pronounced as “Air”, the Malay word for Water, which represents an essential life element. This ties back to AYER’s tagline of “Celebrate Life”, where AYER celebrate homes, communities, ideas, inspirations and stories, basically you and your loved ones.
Eugene shares that the Group aim to deliver on its brand promise by continuing to provide quality living spaces thoughtfully designed around a sense of place, vibrant communities, smart living conditions, spatial interconnectivity and sustainability.
The AYER logo is a combination of water (wave) and (hilly) land, elements that make life and growth possible. It also depicts an infinity symbol – one that is dynamic and always on the move.
- It ties back to the group’s heritage, i.e TAHPS, is the acronym for The AYER Hitam Planting Syndicate.
3. Whats in store for Bukit Puchong in 2018?
- Launch of more affordable landed and high-rise houses this year as AYER still has roughly 600 acres of undeveloped freehold land in and around the Bukit Puchong township.
- These new launches will be announced once the re-master planning of the township is done in a few months time, in line with AYER’s aim to create a ‘refreshed’ township. However, Eugene stressed that AYER will not be introducing new residential and commercial products for the sake of launching.
We will keep close tabs on market demand to come up with the right product, design and pricing besides ensuring that the timing is right. Only then will we capture consumers’ interest – case in point, our Andira Park link villas which were launched last year received phenomenal response, with buyers queuing up overnight and has been fully sold out. -Eugene Khoo, Group CEO-
- The Group is planning to collaborate with healthcare and education providers to join in the development of Bukit Puchong – the company is in preliminary talks with a few private and public healthcare providers at the moment. Currently, the township is home to the Taylor’s International School Puchong.
- 2018 will see more exciting activities planned for home buyers and Bukit Puchong residents. The Group will also be leveraging on social media platforms to further boost public and consumer engagement. Stay tuned here.