Petaling Jaya, 3rd November 2015 – Dubbed the Oscars of the property industry, the iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards, now in its second year, honoured the crème da la crème in the property industry.
The glittering night of awards, hosted by iProperty.com Malaysia, the country’s No.1 property website, brought together industry leaders for a night of fun and celebrations.
Officiating the event, iProperty Group’s Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Georg Chmiel, said that iProperty.com Malaysia was proud to have a platform to duly acknowledge industry leaders that have played such a significant impact in the lives of property buyers via their distinguished and impressive developments.
“We are excited to be hosting this event for the second consecutive year. The iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards carries a recognition that does not only symbolize success but also enthusiasm, commitment and sheer hard work. Tonight, we honour developers for their relentless pursuit in going above and beyond to develop developments that that are remarkably outstanding,” shared Chmiel.
He added that this year, there were five additional categories added bringing the total awards to 15.
“We received more than 100 submissions this year and the panel of judges had no easy task in narrowing it down to 84 finalists. After which, the decision on who was crowned the winner in each category were in the hands Malaysians. This year, more than, 20,000 Malaysians voted and tonight we honour the best, as chosen by the people themselves,” said Chmiel.
The panel of judges comprised of Chan Seong Aun, Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia (PAM) President 2014-2015, Owen Tan, Director, Professional Sales Akzo Nobel Paints Malaysia (Dulux), Chris Tan Chur Pim, Chur Associates, Founder & Managing Director, David Chong, Vice President (I) Investment Promotions of Malaysia Property Incorporated, Ahyat Ushak, Founder, The Strategic Property Investor Model & Program, and Chmiel.
“I think everyone here would agree that the developments by these amazing developers are world class. The quality of the entries received spoke volumes and Malaysians had the tough challenge in choosing the best among the best. I would like to congratulate all the winners and finalists for pioneering new frontiers, pushing boundaries and for putting Malaysia on the world map. We look forward to hosting the next iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards next year” shared Chmiel.
The winners in the 15 categories that captured the hearts of Malaysians were:
- Developer of the Year – Mah Sing Group Berhad
- Best Emerging Developer – Hatten Group Sdn Bhd
- Best High Rise Development – Residensi Sefina by UEM Sunrise Sdn Bhd
- Best Luxury High Rise Development – The Astaka @1 Bukit Senyum by Astaka Padu Sdn Bhd
- Best Landed Development – Sierra 6 by IOI Properties Group Berhad
- Best Luxury Landed Development – Hometree by BCB Berhad
- Best Value Development – Nadayu28 Bandar Sunway by Nadayu Properties Berhad
- Best Integrated Development – Harbour City by Hatten Group Sdn Bhd
- Most Iconic Development – D’Twist by DK Group
- Best Waterfront Development – R&F Princess Cove by R&F Properties
- Best Southern Development – TriTower Residence @ Johor Bahru Sentral by MB Group
- Best Northern Development – Upper East @ Tiger Lane, Ipoh by Andaman Property Management Sdn Bhd
- Best Township of the Year – Sunway Iskandar by Sunway Iskandar Sdn Bhd
- Best Commercial Development – IOI City Mall by IOI Properties Group Berhad
- Best International Development – The Bay by TEHO Development (Cambodia) Pte Ltd
In addition to the 15 awards, there was a special recognition bestowed upon LK Property Group for their prestigious development Capitol Grand in Australia.
“We had overwhelming response especially on the international front that we decided to have an additional category introduced. This award is chosen by the iProperty Group and it honours a developer with an outstanding presence in the Asia Pacific region. The LK Group has phenomenal presence and as Melbourne’s leading property developer, we are thrilled to award them with the title of Best Luxury Development, Asia Pacific,” shared Chmiel.
He added that this category will be officially added in the awards category but the winner will be chosen by the team at iProperty Group. This will be the beginning of the iProperty Group bestowing an international recognition to overseas developers.
The iProperty.com People’s Choice Awards was also sponsored by Dulux, Infra Design Digital, Bosch, USG Boral, Kimgress, Lafarge, Astro, Carlist and Live Life Drive. The entire process, from the shortlisting of nominees to counting of votes, was scrutinized by Panell Kerr Foster (PKF) Malaysia.