KLK Land Sdn Bhd
About KLK Land Sdn Bhd
KLK traces its history back to 1906, when the Kuala Lumpur Rubber Company Limited (KLR) was incorporated in London. It was set up to plant rubber around Kuala Lumpur to capitalise on the booming rubber price brought about by the introduction of the modern motor-car and pneumatic rubber tyres as replacement for horse-drawn carriages in the US. KLR successfully acquired 5 estates totalling 640 hectares of land in Kuala Lumpur which was used for plantation, with mainly rubber and coffee.
Between 1959 to 1961, KLR acquired the Kepong (Malay) Rubber Estates Ltd., along with other plantation companies and was renamed to Kuala Lumpur-Kepong Amalgamated Limited (KLKA) in 1960 with approximately 30,000 hectares in holdings. Diversification into oil palms was started as a replacement for the old rubber beginning from 1962.