Dreamvest Realty may be new to the realtor industry, what it lacks in experience, however, it makes up with energy and drive. Reena Bhatt sat down with Jeff Ong; Ken Kong; and Melvin Kong – Co-Founders of Dreamvest Realty Sdn Bhd to learn more about the agency’s purpose,growth and direction.
Tell us a bit more about your agency.
Although Dreamvest is a newbie agency, it is led by a vibrant and innovative management team. My partners, Melvin and Ken Kong and myself have extensive experience in various fields including high-end condominiums, landed and commercial properties. At the moment, we have about 50 agents whereby half of them are in charge of the buying and selling of sub-sale properties. These range from residential to industrial properties and are mainly in the Klang Valley area. The remaining half caters to the selling of developers’ (clients) projects.
What are the advantages in joining your agency?
At Dreamvest, we believe in each individual who works here and in diversity. We go the extra mile in employee development and offer an extensive list of benefits for our real estate agents. These include:
• Property market analysis by industry’ experts which aims to aid realtors in meeting their clients unique needs.
• Complimentary online listings of properties.
• Weekly training and motivational sessions by experienced speakers.
• An essential quick start program for new agents.
• Team building activities and employee’s incentives.
What sort of training programs does your agency provide?
In this industry, strong leadership, innovation and the ability to understand client’s needs are the keys to success. That is why we go all out to traine, educate and support our realtors. A good agent will utilize his or her expertise to analyze and deliver adequate market information in ways that the client would understand. Dreamvest is committed in grooming its agents to be the best in their field and our initiatives include:
• A mentorship program and 1-to-1 coaching for new realtors. I believe that an organization has the propensity to be great when all its members are working together for a common purpose and helping one another whenever possible to bring unity to its agency.
• Real estate updates by experienced lawyers and bankers. Our realtors are kept up to date with the property market and the changes in the industry by ongoing trainings and informal meetings. For instance, we held an informative session on the new Housing Development (Control and Licensing) (Amendment) Act 2012 so that our realtors are aware of homebuyers’ rights.
• Sales tactic classes for both sub-sale properties and new projects. We recognize the importance of our agents equipping themselves with the latest market information so that buyers and sellers can depend on it and make informed decisions. Our agents are trained to ensure that the selling or buying process is a memorable experience for our clients. We fulfill the expectations of our clients as well as adhere to the highest ethical standards as well.
• Advertising and marketing classes. Agent professionalism and customer dedication are two values that we place much importance on. What sets our realtors apart from the rest is that not only do they respond to clients’ requests immediately, but they take the time to explain the A-Z of the whole process to our clientele.
How are you coping with the economic downturn at the moment?
Dreamvest is looking to expand its focus area beyond Klang Valley and to other states. Also, we are developing and improving on our listing database to capture a bigger market and in turn a higher sales activity.
The agency is also stepping up its efforts in recruiting fresh talents. Building a business is like building your dream home. One must seek the best to create the best, and we are doing so through intensive recruitment and referral programs.
Our other plans include collaborations with other agencies, foreign partners and service providers to build a better network that will enable us to share common resources. At the end of the day, our main goal is to help people buy and sell property as well as to provide great customer service at an affordable price. We will continue to work towards this goal regardless of the uncertainties in the economy.
This article was first published in the iProperty.com Malaysia May 2016 Magazine. Get your copy from selected news stands or view the magazine online for free at www.iproperty.com.my/magazine. Better yet, order a discounted subscription by putting in your details in the form below!