An Introduction to Kedah
Known for its rolling paddy fields and rich ethnic heritage, Kedah is one of the hot spots in Malaysia that one must visit when in the country. While drawing groups of people who enjoy a combination of traditional and rustic as well as a modern and comfortable atmosphere, Kedah has much to offer. Its main attraction is to the west which consists of islands that make up Langkawi. Often called the ‘rice bowl of Malaysia’, Kedah’s history dates back to the time of the Hindus and because of its ideal location on the East-West trade route, it was an important site for trading and settlement. Traders who travelled between China and India often stopped over in Bujang Valley when the waters got rough. Both Bujang Valley and Bukit Meriam are historical sites where the former tells of the early civilization in Kedah and the latter the beginnings of the Kedah Sultanate.
Alor Setar is the state capital and other major towns are Kulim and Sungai Petani as well as Kuah in Langkawi. Kedah occupies an area of 9000 km² and has a population of about two million with 75.5 % Malays, 14.2% Chinese, 6.9% Indians, 1.9% non-citizens and 1.5% people from other ethnic groups. Kedah borders the state of Perlis sharing the Thai boundary with Songkhla and Yala in the north and bordering Perak to the south.
Kedah is primarily an agricultural state with up and coming developments in the industry and the tourism sectors. Its strategic location and its ample natural resources also contribute to the state’s... View more
- Laguna Apartments Condominium
From RM539,000 - RM...
- Taman Sutera Idaman Semi-detached House
From 1140 - 2090 sf.
From RM142,405 - RM...
- Alyssa II @ Puteri R... Semi-detached House
From 2550 sf.
- Zarya @ Puteri Resid... Semi-detached House
From 3400 sf.
- Camellia 2-sty Terrace/Link House
From 2263 sf.
- Carissa II 1-sty Terrace/Link House
From 1247 sf.
- Casa Impian - Alya (... Bungalow House
From RM254,600 - RM...
- Taman Dahlia Semi-detached House
From RM 340,000
- Bdr Puteri Jaya 1-sty Terrace/Link House
From 800 sf.
From RM 90,000
- Lunas Factory
From 12349 sf.
From RM 2,180,000
- Belleza Garden Homes 2-sty Terrace/Link House
From 2152 sf.
From RM 380,000
- Bandar Seri Utama Bungalow House
From 2288 sf.
From RM 420,000
- Taman Bersatu Semi-detached House
From RM 138,000
- sungai petani Semi-detached House
From 2000 sf.
From RM 175,000
- Sungai Petani 2-sty Terrace/Link House
From RM 115,000
- Taman Tuanku Haminah Office
From RM 800
- Sungai Petani Banda... Office
From 1400 sf.
From RM 700
- Kulim Shop-Office
From 2800 sf.
From RM 3,000
- Jalan Kelab Cinta Sa... Shop
From RM 700
- Sungai Petani Office
From 1540 sf.
From RM 650
- North Avenue Office
From 2200 sf.
From RM 2,000
- Lagenda Heights Semi-detached House
From RM 2,000
- Gurun Agricultural Land
From RM 4,000
|Sorry, we have not found any nearby suburbs|
Condominiums in Kedah
Sorry, we have not found any condominiums
News and Guides
Sorry, we have not been able to find any articles for this area. Read other articles here