At first glance Gallery condo appeared the right place for us. Good location, new clean and spacious apartments.
After we moved in we have experienced many problems, which until today have not been resolved to our satisfaction. Building management and security is friendly.
Some things you need to know when you consider to buy or rent:
1. AC system is very unreliable. We have 2 outdoor condensor units, one of which has not worked since we moved in almost 3 months ago. Contractors come and go. They "fix" the unit, which will break down again after 1 or 2 days.
2. Electric bill we received for first full month was RM2,000. Considering we only use one unit and keep the temperature at 27 deg. this is probably as low as we can keep it.
3. Private pool and large common pool are not heated. Because the pools are not exposed to direct sunlight, the water temperature is too low. Our kids do not enjoy swimming. The pool apparently is considered "style feature".
4. In general quality of fixtures and appliances is not what you would expect for an apartment in this price range. Almost daily things break or fail and it will take weeks, many calls and many visits by contractors to get it fixed. Building management does not keep any spare parts in stock.
5. Capacity of water haters is too small.